Architectural/Engineering Design manager
MHI are the innovators behind the industry changing offsite volumetric build process that now serves the residential and commercial construction sector in Ireland. Due to continued growth, MHI are seeking to recruit an Architectural/Engineering Design Manager.
The main responsibilities of the role include;
- Coordinate and oversee all technical activities relating to projects, including directing the design team, reviewing drafts and approving design changes.
- Compliance with BCAR
- Communicate directly with Directors, production staff, other relevant personnel, and clients to discuss and organise projects from original conceptual design through construction.
- Present design proposals to clients according to prescribed deadlines, and explain relevant details
- Provide consultations with potential clients during the project development and tender phases.
- Assess potential projects for feasibility by researching and analysing associated technology, design requirements, governmental regulations and internal standards
- Inspection of all project tender documentation to identify risk, establish deliverables and ensure compliance
- The preparation of any necessary scope documents for surveys, investigations and preconstruction regulatory compliance trackers
- Preparation of tender design briefs for designers & subcontractors/ suppliers
- Tender design planning & programming
- Develop innovative design solutions to meet clients brief while identifying opportunity
- Review of designs including interrogating drawings and other technical documentation to ensure compliance
- Management of design review meetings, progress & performance reporting
- Liaise with Clients, approval bodies and other relevant third parties
- Keep abreast of current developments within the industry and identify need for changes in current practice.
- Carry out site visits and inspections as required
Education and experience requirements:
- Third level education in Architectural or Construction design
- Minimum of 5 years’ post graduate experience in the relevant discipline
- A proven track record in construction design and innovation
- Excellent technical and organisational insight
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines