The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Assessing tenders from potential suppliers, negotiating prices and agreeing contracts
- Researching and identifying new products and suppliers
- Carry out and manage the day to day Purchasing and Procurement Function of MHI and/or Associated Companies and ensure Materials Order fulfilment is aligned to Factory and Site Programmes.
- Manage the scheduling of Inbound Materials and ensure on time delivery.
- Develop and maintain the accuracy of the physical and system stock levels and ensure that periodic stocktakes are carried out.
- Develop and maintain the cost and quantity accuracy of the stock, non-stock and service items created on the Purchasing Management Information System and create robust controls to ensure efficiency.
- Manage and supervise the Stores personnel
- Liaise with logistics to ensure inbound ex-supplier deliveries are scheduled for collection and received
- Ensure that Purchasing is carried out in accordance with the documented Quality Management Procedures.
- Liaise with Senior Managers from Design, Production, Site and Finance to ensure optimisation of materials and services purchased.
- Manage KPI Purchasing Report and have the ability to analyse data
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5 years proven experience as a Purchasing/Procurement manager (Construction environment desirable)
- Experience in sourcing and vendor management
- The ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- The ability to produce, analyse, and interpret data
- Supply chain experience
- Experience in Coins (Desirable)