Payment:Neg € D.O.E
Terms:4 day week paid for 5 days
- Prepare tender documents for submission.
- Analysing tender returns
- Develop bills of quantities from drawings or tenders. Experience with Cubit software an advantage.
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure the services of contractors and/or subcontractors, negotiate rates and manage accounts
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuations with client representatives.
- Ensure understanding and adherence to all contract obligations by stakeholders.
- The ability to negotiate
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
- Detailed report writing
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- Advise Senior Management of all issues which may have an impact on the performance of the Company, whether commercial, operational or otherwise.
- Liaise with other departments to provide controls to operate during the progress of contracts.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers
- Ideal Candidate will have/be:
- Relevant experience working as a QS and be qualified to degree level
- Experience working in construction in a similar role – minimum of five years
- Strong skills in planning, organisational and time management
- Good communication skills with ability to build sound business relationships with all stakeholders
- Good work ethic and attitude, forward thinker
- Commercially and Contractually aware
- Highly organised individual